Normandie, je t'aime!

Sunday, August 30, 2015


I have come back from Ghana almost a month ago, so now it was time to get out again: this time my destination was the Normandy in France. I spent a couple of days on the Contentin Peninsula with my parents. Unfortunately, we've had a lot of rain, but still, I love this region of France and hope to inspire you to go on holiday there.


The beautiful coastline is known by many due to the Normandy Landings on D-Day. There are loads of museums around, however the view itself is spectacular enough. There's something for everyone: you can hike, bike, take a walk through the dunes or do horseback riding on the beach.


I went swimming one sunny day, but even if you get the bad weather it usually clears up a bit in the evening so you can take a walk on the beach and watch sundown.


Sadly for me, the restaurants there aren't exactly vegan friendly but you get fresh vegetables on the market and I even discovered almond milk in a tiny organic store.


Not only the landscape has a lot to offer, almost every town and village has at least one museum or interesting sight. The picture above was taken in the house where Christian Dior was born and raised.


You will also come across many beautiful small shops and boutiques, where you will love to poke around for souvenirs or small presents for the ones at home.
So if you're on the lookout for a place to spend a few quiet and relaxed days, now you've found it.

-Sarah

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare